Saturday, February 26, 2011

Change (lather, rinse, repeat)

God I hate getting unlucky in poker. If there is a constant in this game, it's name is variance. If there was one thing I would change in the world it would be that! Or not getting lucky. Forget all that "world peace" crap... Nothing can emotionally jerk you around like this game, other then a woman. Prozac becomes your best friend because she'll actually listen to your bad beat stories...lol
The bad news is I got unlucky 4 times in the 100k guarantee yesterday and knocked out. The good news is that I made $270 playing $1/2 last night, and that today is another day. Keeping a level even emotional keel at this game can be very tough. You absolutely can't let the dissapointing tilt you. Trying to level the emotional swings in this game is my biggest challenge.
On a different note, I'm in love with my iphone4. Might be lust. Hard to tell... Wife told me that she would never see me again if it had breasts. I told her there's an app for that...
I've converted all my poker information on to 'Poker Journal" app. Incredible app. Tracks all the info I want with great filtering and graphing capabilities. I love the "tipping" and "tokeing" buttons allowing you to keep track of those easily. Ability to track multiple bankrolls. I highly recommend the app.
I know I dissed the Grand Sierra earlier but, there are a couple of things I do like about it (besides reminding me of the late 70s disco scene!). They allow dogs here. I'm a dog lover, have always had dogs, and miss mine when I'm on the road. People walk through the side of the lobby by Starbucks to take them out for a walk, so I get my puppy fix every morning.
Time for a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment